Learn how to add months to specific date using the ADD_MONTHS function.
- [Instructor] @_month is a date function…in Oracle that allows us add…a specified number of months to a specific date.…Let's see it in action.…Let's select the current sysdate…as well as add_months…supplying sysdate as the first paramenter…and one as the second parameter,…but let's not stop here.…And type add_months again specifying sysdate,…but this time the second parameter…will be a value of two, and one more time,…add_months, leave sysdate as the first parameter,…and this time a value of three…as the second parameter from dual.…
Running this query will return us…the current sysdate, the current sysdate plus one month,…current sysdate plus two months,…and the current sysdate plus three months.…So as you can see using add_months…you can easily add additional months…to a date value.…The date value, which is the first argument…to the function, can either be dynamically generated,…such as when using sysdate,…or retrieved from a table in the database.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.