Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing audit polices, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to see…if our new auditing policies,…the ones we have created in our previous chapter,…have been enabled and if they are working as expected.…So let's connect to our Oracle database as user one.…I'll type sqlplus user one slash secret at Orcl.…Remember that we have reset the password for user one…in our previous video.…Let's create a new table.…I'll type create table,…and let's give it an appropriate name of audit test table.…
This table will have two columns.…Maybe column one of a number data type,…and column two of a varchar two data type.…Keeping things as simple as possible.…Let's also, while connected as user one,…run a query against the my data subset view…in users two schema.…So I'll type select star from user two dot my…underscore data, underscore subset view.…
Now let us reconnect to the database as user two…and attempt to trigger the third audit policy,…which we created in our previous video.…So I'll type quit, change the connection string to user two,…and open a connection to my database.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.