Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Tablespace quotas, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to granting system privileges…we can also grant something known as tablespace permissions…or quotas to various database users.…Remember that tablespaces in the oracle database…are logical storage groups that you create…and these are made out of physical database data files…that are used to store various objects…in your Oracle Database such as tables or indexes.…In order for users to be able and create objects…inside those tablespaces, they need to be granted…sufficient quotas or tablespace permissions.…
Let's see what happens when a user attempts to use space…inside a database tablespace…on which that user has no quota whatsoever.…We will start by connecting using user1…to our orcl placable database.…So I'll type sqlplus user1/secret@orcl.…Now let's try and insert a new record into new_table.…This is the table we've created in our previous video.…
So I'll type insert into new_table values…one and hello.…And as you can see we got an error…telling us that this user has no privileges or quota…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.