After you have successfully taken a user-managed backup of your Oracle Database, there are several steps required to perform database recovery. In this video, learn about the three steps that are needed to restore your database from a storage-based backup.
- [Instructor] Which shows where Oracle stores…the archived grid logs.…As you can see, we don't have any value set.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.