Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Roles of DBAs in Oracle security, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] The Oracle database administrator,…or DBA in short,…has several very important roles…when it comes to database security.…For most organizations…that do not have a dedicated database security function…inside the organization,…this duty falls under the responsibility…of the database administrator…in addition to his or hers other responsibilities,…such as backups, performance tuning,…database maintenance, and so on.…The DBA is usually responsible…for implementing the security strategy…for each Oracle database,…turning business rules of which data is important…for the organization to protect…into database security measures.…
This includes several aspects.…One,…the DBA is usually the figure…that creates users in the database and assigns permissions,…such as which database objects these users can access.…It's very important for the DBA…to make sure that users are created…with only the appropriate set of permissions.…Keep in mind that you can control…who can access or update every single table…or object in your Oracle database,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.