Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Roles with ADMIN OPTION, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] A database role that is granted a privilege…or another role specifying the with admin option clause…will include several expanded capabilities.…The grantee to which such a role was assigned…will be able to grant or revoke the system privilege…or role itself from any user in the database.…In addition, the grantee of the role can further…grant the role using the with admin option to other users.…
The grantee will also be able to alter or drop the role.…All of this means that a role assigned as the admin option…basically makes the grantee of that role…an administrator of that specific role.…If all of this sounds a little bit confusing,…then don't worry.…We're about to see an example that will help make things…very simple.…So we'll start by connecting to the Orcl flaggable database…with the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle @ orcl as sysdba.…
And let's create a new role, calling it my_new_role.…So I'll type create role my_new_role.…Let's assign some permissions to this role.…So I'll type grant select any table comma connect,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.