Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Restore encrypted RMAN Backup, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Restoring encrypted RMAN backups,…is also extremely easy.…Let's attempt to restore our password-encrypted RMAN backup,…but first let's attempt that…while omitting the password that we specified…during the time we took the backup.…You can find this example, RMAN restore script,…included in your exercise file.…Let's copy this script,…and paste it into our RMAN prompt.…
As you an see, this is a very simple RMAN restore script,…where I'm instructing RMAN to restore our orcl database,…from the password underscore encrypted backup set,…that we took in our previous video.…However, that was an encrypted backup using a password,…and here I'm not specifying any password…that RMAN can use to decrypt this backup.…Let's see what will happen.…And as you can see, RMAN threw out an error.…
RMAN was attempting to restore this backup,…but it's an encrypted backup,…and since we haven't specified a decryption password,…RMAN failed to restore this backup.…So, let's try this again,…but this time we'll specify a decryption password,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.