In addition to restoring individual PDBs, RMAN supports restoring your entire CDB instance and with it, all PDBs. In this video, you will learn how to create RMAN scripts using the RESTORE DATABASE and RECOVER database commands to perform a full restore of your entire Container Database instance.
- [Instructor] Restoring a CDB or container database…in Oracle 12c…is a very similar process to restoring a non-CDB database…in previous Oracle versions,…such as Oracle 11g.…When you use RMAN to restore your entire CDB,…you will not only restore the root container,…but all of the pluggable databases, as well.…Let's see how we can perform a complete CDB restore…in Oracle 12c using a single RMAN script.…
You can find the RMAN restore script…included in your exercise file.…Our RMAN script needs to first shut down the Oracle instance…and restart it in mount mode.…This is required because we are restoring…our entire CDB database.…Note that we are not specifying a specific PDB…in our restore and our recover commands,…but instead we use the broader database keyword,…which signifies a full container database restore…in Oracle 12c,…including all of the pluggable databases.…
So let's copy our RMAN restore script,…open an RMAN prompt.…rman target=/…and paste it.…And let's execute our script.…Let the restore process run.…It can take a while.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.