In an Oracle 12c database, RMAN provides granular backup and restore capabilities on a per-PDB level. In this video, you will learn how to use the RESTORE PLUGGABLE DATABASE and RECOVER PLUGGABLE DATABASE commands to recover an individual PDB from an RMAN backupset.
- [Instructor] Using RMAN, we can easily recover…a lost or damaged pluggable database…in an Oracle 12c multi-tenant database architecture.…Let's see an example in action.…First, we'll make sure we have a full…and valid backup of our pluggable database.…So let's connect to RMAN,…by typing rman target=/,…and typing list backup of database orcl.…Now orcl is the name of the pluggable database…I have on my virtual machine.…
This will be the same in your case,…if you are using the Oracle Demo Virtual Machine…in this course.…However, if you're running these exercises…in a different virtual machine,…or on a different Oracle database,…you need to make sure that you type…the correct name of the pluggable database…you have been backing up in this chapter.…So let's type Enter, and see that we indeed…have a full and valid backup of this pluggable database.…Now, let's do some damage,…and delete the system data file…for this pluggable database.…
Fun, right?…This is important, because we want to make some damage…in our pluggable database,…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.