Oracle RMAN is a standard tool used for automated Oracle backup and recovery. In this video, learn about the core concepts of RMAN including full backups, incremental backups, cumulative and differential backups, as well as RMAN backup sets.
- [Instructor] Oracle Recovery Manager, or RMAN in short,…is Oracle's recommended method of performing…database backups and recovery.…You can use RMAN to create backups and store them…either on disc or a storage tape.…These backup files which RMAN create…can later be used to performed recovery…of your Oracle database.…RMAN can be used for both the backup part…and the recovery part.…
By default, RMAN backups are stored in the database…Fast Recovery Area, or FRA,…which we have configured earlier.…However, you can also choose a custom destination…for RMAN backups either on disc or tape.…Using RMAN as the backup tool for your Oracle database…means that you do not need to run user-managed…backup script relying on operating system utilities.…You can just use the RMAN command line for everything.…
And using RMAN for your database backup and recovery needs…is also considered an Oracle best practice.…RMAN commands for backup and recovery can be…directly invoked using the RMAN command line utility…which we will see later in our chapter.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.