Learn about the function of RIGHT JOINS in SQL and how to perform them.
- [Instructor] In similar fashion…to left join in the SQL language,…right join do the same thing, only flipped around.…That is, a SQL right join…will return all records from the right table,…that is the departments table in our case,…and any matching rows from the left table,…that is the employees table in our case.…Using a right join in SQL…is as simple as specifying right join…as part of the from clause of your SQL command.…So let's see right joins in action.…
We can simply change the query from our previous video,…and instead of specifying inner join or left join,…you can just specify right join.…We can also get rid of the select query…from the employees table,…as we have no use for it right now.…So again, we've typed our SQL query,…specifying right join between the employees…and the departments table,…using the same join condition,…that is department_id.…Let's execute our query…and see which data we get back from our database.…
So as you can see, the query functioned as expected,…and we got the FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, and DEPARTMENT_NAME.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.