RMAN allows for restoring individual PDBs to specific points-in-time. In this video, learn how to use the SET UNTIL TIME clause as part of an RMAN RESTORE and RECOVER script to perform a point-in-time recovery of your pluggable database to a specific previous point in time. In addition, learn how to use the OPEN RESETLOGS command to complete the recovery process.
- [Instructor] Using RMAN, we can choose…to recover a PDB to a specific point in time.…Such as in the case something bad happen…to our pluggable database at some point…and we need to recover it to an earlier point in time.…We can do all of that using RMAN.…We'll start by obtaining the current database timestamp.…So we'll open a SQL Plus connection…as the sys DBA user to our Oracle instance.…In your exercise file, you can find a sample SQL command…to retriever the current timestamp from the database.…
So let's copy this command…and paste it to our SQL Plus window.…Remember that depending on when…you will be executing this exercise,…you will expect to find a different timestamp value…than what you see on your screen right now.…Let's copy this timestamp value as we're about…to use it as part of an RMAN restore script.…Let's quit our SQL Plus session…and reconnect RMAN to our target database.…So I'll type RMAN target equals and a backslash character.…
Going back to our exercise file,…you can find the RMAN restore script provided.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.