RMAN allows for restoring the entire CDB to a specific point-in-time. In this video, learn how to use the SET UNTIL TIME clause as part of an RMAN RESTORE and RECOVER script to perform point-in-time Recovery of your entire CDB instance and with it, all individual PDBs. In addition, learn how to use the OPEN RESETLOGS command to complete the recovery process.
- [Instructor] In addition to performing point-in-time…recovery for individual PDBs, or plugable databases,…we can also perform the same using rman…for the entire CDB, or container database.…The process is similar to performing point-in-time…recovery for pre-Oracle 12c non-CDB instances.…Keep in mind that when performing point-in-time…recovery for our container database, or CDB,…you are also performing point-in-time recovery…for all of the PDBs, or plugable databases, as well.…
So let's see it in action.…We'll need to start by obtaining the current…timestamp of our database so that we can use…it as a timestamp to which we recover our CDB.…So let's open sqlplus, as the sysdba user,…and run the select statement, which returns…the current timestamp.…You can find this select statement included…in your exercise file.…So let's copy the command and paste it to…our sqlplus window.…
Remember that depending on your environment…and the time in which you will be executing…this exercise, the times and value that you…will get will probably be different than what…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.