Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
- [David] Hey, I'm David Yahalom, and welcome to my Oracle 12c Database Security course. In this course, you will learn all of the essentials required in order to protect and safeguard your Oracle databases from a variety of internal and external threats. You will learn to identify the major security risks that exist for your Oracle databases, as well as how to mitigate them.
We will start by exploring the fundamental core concepts of Oracle database security, analyze the various threats that can lead to data leaks and database breaches, and discuss the best practices on how to properly secure your Oracle database. Throughout this course, we will engage in hands-on demos and exercises showcasing the concepts of Oracle database users, schemas, permissions, and rows in a multi-tenant Oracle 12c environment.
We will also understand how to configure auditing of user actions and monitor access to sensitive data. We will finish with hands-on examples on how to enable data at rest security via Oracle's Transparent Data and Backup Encryption technologies. So get comfortable, grab a good cup of coffee or tea, and let's start mastering Oracle 12c Database Security.
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.