Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
- [David] Hey, I'm David Yahalom and welcome to my Oracle 12c Basic SQL Course. In the course, you will learn all of the fundamentals of the SQL language when working with an Oracle database. This is the first step in becoming either an Oracle Developer, an Oracle Database Administrator, or just a regular user of the Oracle Database. The most exciting thing about this course is that no prior knowledge in the Oracle Database is needed. So, this course can be the very first step in your own Oracle journey.
We will start with a brief introduction about the SQL language and its basic structure. We will continue by learning the core concepts of database tables and Oracle datatypes. Following which, we will learn how to use Oracle SQL Developer, the free application provided by Oracle as a SQL Development environment for the Oracle Database. Once we get all of the essentials out of the way, we'll engage in many hands on demos and exercises on the SQL language including how to select data from tables, filter data, use functions, convert datatypes, join data across different tables, as well as learn about database transactions, how to create tables, and how to delete, insert, and update data.
So, get comfortable and get excited. Grab a good cup of coffee or tea and let's start learning the basics of the SQL language in the Oracle Database.
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.