Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Open the wallet after DB restart, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Throughout this chapter we saw…how we can configure a keystore,…set a master encryption key, encrypt data in our tables,…and create encrypted backups all using…Oracle Transparent Data Encryption.…While Transparent Data Encryption is transparent…to your application, that is,…you don't have to make any changes to your applications…or SQL queries when using TDE,…there is a little bit of extra operational…administration overhead that is required…from the database administrator.…
For example, you will need to manually open…your encryption wallet when specifying the password…after a restart of your database instance.…Let's see this in action.…We'll start by connecting to our root container…as the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle as sysdba.…Let's restart our database.…So I'll type shutdown immediate…and startup to bring our Oracle Database back online.…
Once the database has successfully restarted…let's see what will happen if we'll attempt to select data…from a table that has an encrypted column in it,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.