Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Object permissions, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Lecturer] For each object created in the Oracle database…you can assign or grant permissions.…For example, you can grant specific database users…the capability to interact with specific database objects,…such as selecting data from tables…or executing stored procedures.…Lets see a quick example of…Oracle object permissions in action.…We will start by connecting to our…ORC pluggable database as the sysdba user.…So type sqlplus sys/oracle@orcl as sysdba.…
Let's also grant user two,…which is the user we created earlier in our chapter…the ability to create procedures, create views…and create tables.…So I'll type grant create procedure, create view,…create table to, and the user name,…user2 in our case.…Now let's click our sql dot session…and reconnect to the database using…this user two local user.…So I'll type quit;…And sqlplus user2/secret@orcl.…
I'm now connected to the ORCL…pluggable database as user two.…Now let's create a new table and insert some rows into it.…You can find the sample create command…included in your exercise file.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.