In addition to using Data Pump to perform a full export/import, you can also choose to filter which data and objects contained in a Data Pump dumpfile are imported to your database. In this video, learn about the advantages of filtering as part of the export/import and how to use the INCLUDE parameter with impdp to restrict importing only specific objects.
- [Instructor] When importing data using Data Pump,…we can specify which object categories we want to import.…By objects categories I mean…tables, views, indexes, and so on.…We can do that by using the INCLUDE Parameter…as part of our import command.…So let's say we have an export dump file…containing tables, indexes and views,…which is actually the case we have here.…Say we want to import only the tables and the indexes,…but not the views.…
How can we accomplish that?…Well, it's very easy.…We do that by using the INCLUDE Parameter…as part of our Data Pump MDP command.…You can find such an MDP command…provided in your exercise files.…So let's copy the command…and paste it into our terminal window.…Note that this is a very straightforward…Data Pump MDP command.…We connect to our demo PDB database,…specify a directory, specify the name of the dump file,…as well as the log file for the import process.…
We also use a remap_schema parameter…so that any objects which belong to the demo01 user…included in this dump file we're importing…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.