SQL Developer allows us to modify the configuration and parameters of a database connection after it has been created. In this video, learn how to modify the properties of a SQL Developer connection after it has been created.
- [Instructor] Managing existing connections…in Oracle SQL Developer is quite easy.…All you have to do is make sure…that you right click on the connection name…and then click on properties.…You'll be presented with the details…pertaining to that connection,…such as the user name,…such as the password, which is masked,…the server name, the port, and additional information.…Here you can make any modifications needed,…test to make sure that your connection information…is correct, and save the updated connection details.…
Once done you can either click on the connect button…or the cancel button.…Also note that you can delete existing connections…by right clicking on the connection name…and choosing delete, but please do not delete…the HR connection just yet,…as you'll need it throughout the course.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.