Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage the audit trail, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] There is one additional…and very crucial aspect…to database auditing…that you need to be familiar with,…and that is maintenance of the database audit trail.…Making sure that you either archive…or purge the various database audit trails…on a regular basis.…If auditing is enabled…and no space is available for the audit trails,…then the database will actually freeze.…This can sometimes even be used…as a database denial of service attack.…
That's because the database audit trails…can grow to become very large,…depending on how many and how wide…your auditing policies are.…Actually, since audit trails are stored…in database tablespaces,…a huge one can fill up your database pretty quickly.…It's even worse because by default,…the tablespace used to store the audit trail…is your database system tablespace.…But luckily for us,…Oracle has built-in audit trail purge mechanisms.…
We'll start by opening a SQL Plus connection…as the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle@orcl as sysdba.…We'll now need to initialize audit trail cleanup.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.