Learn about the function of INNER JOINS in SQL and how to perform them.
- [Instructor] An inner join in SQL is a type of join…that selects records that have matching values…in both tables, that is, the intersection of both tables.…So for example, if we will choose to perform an inner join…between the employees and the department tables,…based on the department ID column on both tables,…we will instruct our database to only return records…from the employees table where the department ID value…exists in the department table.…
Let's see an inner join in action.…We can use the example from our previous exercise.…That is because in Oracle, by default,…just specifying join or specifying inner join…perform the exact same function.…That's because by default, when joining two tables…without specifying any specific type of join,…is essentially an inner join.…However, you are also free to explicitly…specify that you choose to perform an inner join…between the employees and the departments table.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.