Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Grant and evoke system privileges, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] As you saw in the previous video,…simply creating new Oracle database users is not enough,…as these users have no permissions by default.…They cannot even connect to the database.…So, our next step would be to assign permissions…to users using the Oracle grant command.…With the grant command, we can both assign roles,…which are groups of permissions,…as well as individual permissions to perform certain actions…and specific permissions on individual database objects.…
We'll see all of that in action in this video.…So, let's start with something basic.…Let's connect to our orcl pluggable database…and grant the user1 user,…which we created in our previous video,…permissions to connect to the database.…A good place to start.…So, I'll type sqlplus…sys/oracle…at orcl as sysdba.…Connecting with the sysdba superuser…to our orcl pluggable database.…
And then type grant…create session…to user1.…Create session is the special system privilege…that allows a user to connect to the Oracle database.…Now, let's try and connect to the orcl pluggable database…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.