Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Grant database-wide system privileges, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to the system privileges…we described and demoed in our previous video,…there is also a special type of system privilege…known as the any privilege.…If you remember from our previous video,…when you want to give a user the permission…to create a specific database object…such as a database table, you grant the create…table privilege to that user.…This privilege will give the user the ability…to create tables in their own schema,…that is tables which will be owned by the user…who created them.…
However, granting the create any table permission…to a database user will allow that user to create tables…in any database schema.…Let's see the any permission in action.…For our demo, let's connect to the orcl placable database…as the sys superuser and create a second database user,…calling it user2.…So I'll type sqlplus…sys/oracle@orcl…as sysdba…opening a superuser sys dba connection to our orcl…placable database.…
We'll now create this user2 database user…by typing create user user2,…identified by and providing the same password…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.