Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video The WITH GRANT and WITH ADMIN options, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Lecturer] Oracle privileges can also be granted…using a special with grant, with admin options.…Both options are basically used…for DBAs or data base administrators…to relinquish security control…over granted privileges in the database.…The with grant option is used for…object privileges while the with admin option…is used for system privileges.…So let's see both in action.…
We'll start by connecting to our ORCL…pluggable database as the system admin user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/orcale@orcl as sysdba.…So let's give user one select privileges…on user two dot my data table…using the with grant option.…So I'll type grant select on user2.my_data…which is the schema name, dot object name…to user1 and specify with grant option;…This basically gives user one the ability…to select data from the user two dot my data table…but also grant this specific permission…to additional database users such as user three,…user four and so on.…
So this new grantee, user one,…can grant the same level of access…to the specific database object…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.