Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-grained auditing, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to unified audit policies…and standard auditing, which we saw earlier in our chapter,…Oracle also include one other auditing capability,…known as fine grained auditing, or FGA in short.…Both unified auditing, standard auditing,…and FGA, fine grained auditing,…these are all auditing technologies that are…built-in to the Oracle database…and can be used depending on your use case.…
For some auditing requirements,…you may choose to use unified auditing,…while for others, you may choose fine grained auditing.…Fine grained auditing, as the name suggests,…enable granular audit policies to be associated…with specific columns in your tables.…So for example, we can choose to only audit…when access is made to a…credit card column in your customers table,…instead of auditing and logging access…to every single column in your table…every time a query is executed.…
The concept here is that, perhaps,…only specific columns in your tables are sensitive,…while others are not.…So why audit access to all columns in your table?…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.