Using SQL Developer, we can filter different schema objects and search for specific schema objects in our database. In this video, learn how to search for specific objects in SQL Developer.
- [Instructor] Another cool feature of Oracle SQL Developer…is the ability to filter and see only specific objects.…Imagine that you are connected to proaction Oracle database…that has hundreds or even thousands or even more…unique database objects.…Tables, views, procedures, indexes, all of that.…Also, let's say that you need…to access a specific database table.…You want to view its structure,…see the constraints that were created on that table,…the data types and the columns.…
Instead of scrolling through a very long list…of database table names or database object names,…you can quickly locate the object that you are interested in…by clicking on the small funnel icon.…This will allow you to filter for a specific object.…So, for example, we can select from the dropdown list…name equals and type a name, such as jobs.…We can even choose if you want it…to be case sensitive or not.…Clicking okay will filter out and show us only objects,…such as tables, that have jobs in their name.…
Clicking on tables again, and click on the funnel again,…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.