Data Pump is Oracle’s go-to utility for creating logical backups of your database. In this video, learn how to use the Data Pump expdp command line utility to export one or more Oracle schemas to a dump file.
- [Instructor] Exporting data from your Oracle database…using data pump is very easy and very straightforward.…It's accomplished by using the expdp, command line utility.…Expdp stands for export data pump.…Let's see a quick example by exporting…an entire Oracle schema.…Entire meaning all of it's tables, indexes, views…procedures and so on.…To do that, we will tie expdp, using the expdp utility.…
Specify username and password, that has permissions…to perform the export.…In our case it's system and a password of oracle.…Remember that this can change in your own environment.…We'll also need to specify, which schemas we want to export.…We do that by using the schemas parameter.…So schemas= and a list of one or more schemas.…Let's stick with one schema for our first example.…So let's choose to export the Scott, schema.…
This will instruct Oracle data pump to export…the Scott schema, only the Scott schema…and all of the data and objects contained within it.…Remember, that the Oracle export data pump utility,…creates a binary file, containing…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.