In an Oracle 12c database, Data Pump allows for easily exporting entire PDBs. In this video, create a new PDB and learn how to use the expdp command line utility to export an entire PDB using Data Pump.
- [Instructor] Oracle 12c introduces…a new multi-tenant architecture…to the Oracle database…essentially allowing multiple databases…to reside under the same Oracle instance.…Oracle data pump fully supports…the multi-tenant capabilities…of Oracle 12c, specifically supports the ability…to export individual PDBs or pluggable databases.…In case you're not familiar…with the multi-tenant architecture new to Oracle 12c,…I'm sure what a pity we mean…or just need a quick refresher…to be sure to take a look…at my Oracle 12c New Features course…available in the library.…
So, let's see how data pump integrates…with Oracle's 12c new multi-tenant architecture.…We'll start by opening a database connection…as the sysdba user.…So, we'll type sqlplus sys…and the password, oracle, in our case…which can of course, differ…depending on the Oracle database you are connecting to…and as sysdba.…We will also switch our connection…the Oracle 12c root container…by typing alter session set container equals…cdb$root.…
We can verify that our connection has been indeed switched…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.