Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Encrypting tablespaces, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to selectively encrypting…specific columns in our tables,…we can also choose to encrypt entire table spaces.…Both table-level encryption,…as well as column-level encryptions both fall under…the Oracle transparent data encryption umbrella.…However, table space encryption encrypts and decrypts…the data during reads and writes.…table space-level encryption encrypts the data…during writes and decrypts the data during reads.…
So, unlike column-level encryption,…which encrypts and decrypts the data…at the sequel layer, certain restrictions that apply to…T-D-E column encryption, such as index restrictions,…do not apply to table space-level encryption.…Encrypting an entire table space in Oracle is super easy.…And we'll of course also encrypt all data that is stored…inside the table space.…So let's see a connection.…
Let's connect to our O-R-C-L flagable database…as the sys-D-B-A user.…So I'll type "sequel" plus "sys slash oracle…at O-R-C-l" as sys-D-B-A.…We will now create our very first encrypted table space.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.