Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Encrypting Data Pump backups, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Another important thing to remember…when it comes to database encryption…is the ability to encrypt your database backups.…This is especially important as backups of your database…are essentially a collection of all or some…of your database data including any sensitive data…that you have which are stored as files,…you know backup files, outside your database server.…You can use all measures of security…to protect your database, but if someone has access…to your database backups and these backups…are not protected such as by using encryption,…then that person essentially has access…to all of your database data,…bypassing any security measures you had in your database…in the first place.…
So that's why it's extremely important…to encrypt your database backups as well.…And luckily for us,…Oracle directly supports this capability.…Let's start with Oracle Data Pump,…Oracle's logical data export utility.…Data Pump has built-in support for encryption…using an encrypt parameter.…If you're unfamiliar with Data Pump,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.