Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Encryping data in tables, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In our previous two Videos…we have set up and configured our keystore…and master encryption key.…Now it's time to actually show how we can use…Oracle transparent data encryption…to encrypt data in our tables.…You can choose to encrypt one…or all columns in your database tables.…Usually, not all columns in a given table…contain sensitive data.…So most database administrators choose…to selectively only encrypt columns…that really do require encryption.…
So, enough talk.…Let's see transparent data encryption in action.…We will start by opening a connection…to our orcl pluggable database as user two.…So I'll type sequel plus, user two, slash secret, at orcl.…When it comes to encryption of data in our tables,…we actually have several options.…One, we can add a column to an existing table…and choose that this column will be encrypted.…So I can type, alter table, my underscore data.…
Remember, this is a table we created earlier in our course.…Add, and let's call this column secret_col1.…A very nondescript name, right?…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.