Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Enable archive mode, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Later in our course we will see how we can…use database encryption of RMAN backups.…However, in order for the RMAN backups to run successfully…on our database, we need to make sure…that our database is set in archive log mode.…By default the virtual machine that we will be using…for this course is not set using archive log mode.…So we'll need to explicitly enable that.…In order to accomplish that we'll need to make sure…that we have a terminal window open,…disable the two task environment variable so we can type…export two_task in capital letters equals…and then nothing following that equals sign, and type Enter.…
Log on to our Oracle root container…as the sysdba user, sqlplus sys/oracle as sysdba.…We can quickly confirm we are connected…to the root container by typing show con_name.…And as we can see we are indeed connected…to the root container.…We'll now need to shutdown the database and open it back up…in mount mode, and then stitch archive log mode to enabled.…
So I'll type shutdown immediate.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.