In this video, learn the steps to enable the Database Archived Redo Log mode and where the Archived Redo Logs are stored.
- [Instructor] In order for us to utilize the various…backup and recovery technologies we present…throughout this course, there are several prerequisites…we need to take care of.…First and foremost, we need to make sure our Oracle database…is configured with Archive mode enabled.…When Archive mode is enabled, Oracle turns each active…read or log file into an archived read or log file…when it finishes writing to it.…Archive mode is essential for running online or hot…backups in Oracle, as well as for enabling Oracle's…Flashback Database technologies.…
We will cover all of that throughout our course.…In order for us to enable Archive Log mode in our database,…we first have to shut down our Oracle instance,…note, the entire instance, and not just a pluggable…database, and restart it in Mount mode.…Let's see it in action.…If you are using the Oracle supplied virtual machine…in this course, there is a small bug and misconfiguration…that will prevent you from restarting…the database successfully.…You need to unset the two underscore task environment…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.