In this course, we will be using the free Oracle Developer demo VM for all exercises. Learn how to download and run the virtual machine so that you can participate in the hands-on exercises of this course.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course…we will be using a demo virtual machine…running Oracle Database 12c…for the hands on exercises.…The specific virtual machine I'll be using…is the Oracle Database App Development Virtual Machine…provided by Oracle and which can be downloaded…from oracle.com as we will see in a moment.…You can choose to use…the Oracle App Development Virtual Machine…or another Oracle 12c database of your choice.…However, if you choose to use another Oracle database,…you will need to manually load the human resources…or HR demo schema, which we will be using…for the hands on exercises throughout this course.…
While there are instructions online…on how to manually load the HR schema…to your own custom Oracle database,…this process isn't covered in this course,…and that's why I recommend to use…the Oracle App Development Virtual Machine.…In order to download…the Oracle App Development Virtual Machine…simply go to the following address,…which is included in your exercise file,…and search for database app development VM.…
Note: This training course is appropriate for beginning database developers with no prior experience with SQL or Oracle.
- Using Oracle SQL*Developer, the free development environment
- Selecting data from tables
- Filtering data
- Using functions to manipulate data
- Joining data from tables
- Creating tables
- Updating values
- Truncating data
- Grouping and ordering result sets
- Working with primary keys
- Checking constraints
Skill Level Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Introduction to SQL
2. Preparing the Course Environment
Downloading the course VM2m 16s
3. Using Oracle SQL Developer
4. Basic SELECT Queries
5. String, Number, and Date Functions
6. Joining Table Data
7. Manipulating Data
8. Grouping Data
9. Advanced Topics
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.