The hands-on exercises in this course use an Oracle-provided VM running Oracle Database 12c. In this video, learn where to download the Oracle VM and the prerequisites required before you can start using it.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…we will be using a demo virtual machine…running Oracle Database 12c for the hands-on exercises.…The specific virtual machine I'll be using…is the Oracle Database App Development Virtual Machine…provided by Oracle, and which can be downloaded…from oracle.com, as we'll see in a moment.…You can choose to use the Oracle App Development…Virtual Machine, or another Oracle 12c Database…of your choice.…Just be sure to change the usernames, passwords,…file location, and database names, in the exercise files…of this course, if you choose to use…a different Oracle Database than the one…in this virtual machine.…
In order to download the Oracle App Development…Virtual Machine, simply go to the following address,…which is included in your exercise file,…and search for Database App Development VM,…click on the link and you can see you have another link…for downloading the virtual machine.…Click on this link, scroll down to the bottom of the page,…click Accept, and from here…you can download the virtual machine.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.