Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Download the course VM, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course,…we'll be using a demo virtual machine…running Oracle Database 12c…for the hands-on exercises.…The specific virtual machine I'll be using…is the Oracle Database App Development Virtual Machine…provided by Oracle…and which can be downloaded from Oracle.com,…as we'll see in a moment.…You can choose to use the Oracle App Development…Virtual Machine…or another Oracle 12c database of your choice.…Just be sure to change the usernames,…passwords, file location, and database names…in the Exercise Files of this course if you choose…to use a different Oracle Database…than the one in this virtual machine.…
In order to download the Oracle App Development…Virtual Machine, simply go to the following address,…which is included in your Exercise File,…and search for database…app development…vm.…Click on the link…and you can see you have another link…for downloading the virtual machine.…Click on this link, scroll down to the bottom of the page,…click Accept, and from here you can download…the virtual machine.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.