Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating unified audit policies, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Oracle 12c introduces a new concept…of unified auditing policies,…that can dramatically simplify database auditing.…The new auditing functionality…that is built into Oracle 12c can be used…to create very granular and precise auditing policies.…We can create new audit policies in Oracle 12c…on a pair PDB or on all pluggable databases.…For example, let's create our first auditing policy.…
We will connect to our orcl pluggable database…using the sysdba user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle@orcl as sysdba,…end-run and create audit policy command.…You can find this command included in your exercise file.…So, let's copy this command,…and paste it into our SQL Plus window.…This command will track all of the CREATE TABLE actions…performed by USER1.…
This is known as privilege auditing,…as it's monitor usage of specific database privileges,…such as creating new tables.…Monitoring additional privileges via these audit policies,…is, of course, also supported, but let's keep things simple…for our first example.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.