Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating local users, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Let's see a quick demo…where we'll create both a Common User as well as…a Local User in our Oracle instance.…Before we can start, let's prepare our demo…by creating two plugagble databases or PDBs…which we'll use later on.…We will start by connecting to our…Oracle instance root container as the SYSDBA user.…So I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle as sysdba.…I can verify that I'm connected to the root container…by typing show con_name.…
As you can see, CDB$ROOT signifies that…I'm indeed connected to the root container.…And now let's create a couple of pluggable databases.…We'll call them demo pdb1 and demo pdb2.…If you are unfamiliar with pluggable databases…in Oracle 12c or need a quick refresher,…then please be sure to check my…Oracle 12c New Features course which is available…in the library and covers these topics…plus many, many more.…
So let's create our pluggable databases.…You can find the commands for creating…demo_pdb1 and demo_pdb2…included in your exercise file.…So let's copy these commands.…Be sure to press enter a couple of times…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.