Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating common users, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Following our demo of creating local users,…let's see how we can create our first common database user.…Let us connect to our instance root container.…We'll accomplish that by typing sqlplus,…sys/oracle as sysdba.…We can verify that we are indeed…connected to our root container…by typing show con_name.…And let's create our first common user.…
So I'll type create user c sharp sharp,…and let's call our user dba_user identified…by and a password of password.…Note the c sharp sharp in the username.…This is the special prefix that is required…for all common users that we create.…We can verify that this user has indeed been created…by querying the cdb underscore user's view.…
You can find a query included in your exercise file.…So let's copy this query,…and paste it in our SQL*Plus session.…And as you can see, the C sharp sharp user was created.…We see it multiple times,…one for each of our pluggable databases,…and we see that it is a common user.…Remember that the cdb underscore views…in the Oracle 12c database,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.