Flashback Database Restore Points allow you to create set points in time to which you can restore your database to: for example, before performing major upgrades of your application schemas. In this video, learn how to use the CREATE RESTORE POINT command to create Flashback restore points for your database, the role of GUARANTEED restore points, and how to Flashback your database to a specific restore point using the FLASHBACK DATABASE TO RESTORE POINT command.
- [Host] In addition to using flashback database,…for restoring your database to a specific point in time,…using a time stamp value or SCN as we saw earlier.…We can also use flashback database to flash back our…database to a specific user created restore point.…Creating flashback restore points is extremely easy,…and on via the create restore point command.…For example, let's open a sequel plus connection…to our root container.…
We'll type sqlplus as sysdba.…We can now create our restore point by typing…create restore point and giving it a name DB_IS_OK…guarantee flashback database.…The guarantee flashback database part of our…create restore point command is optional, but…guarantees you will be able to flash back your…database to this restore point.…
If the fast recovery area will run out of space and…Oracle will no longer be able to guarantee the…ability to flashback to this guaranteed restore point,…Oracle will halt right operations to the database.…Will see what to do about this later in our video.…So, let's create our restore point.…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.