Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Create new database users, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about Oracle Database Users…and how we can create them.…In an Oracle 12c Database we have two types of users…that are part of the multi-tenant architecture.…These are common users and local users.…In previous Oracle versions, we only had one type of user.…A local user account is a user account…that is created inside a PDB…and is local and unique to that PDB,…or Pluggable Database only.…
Let's see how we can create a local user in Oracle.…We will start by connecting to our ORCL PDB.…So I'll type:…sqlplus…sys slash Oracle…at orcl,…which is the name of the Pluggable Database,…as sysdba.…When connecting to a database from commandline utilities,…such as sqlplus, we specify the username…and the password of the user we want to connect with.…
The 'as sysdba' clause signifies that we are…connecting using the sysdba role.…Which we will talk about in further details…in the roles chapter of this course.…It is a special role that we need to specify…when opening a database connection…using the sysdba superuser.…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.