Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Create encryption key, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Before we can go ahead…and start using Oracle's transparent data…encryption capabilities and encrypt the data…in our database tables, we need…to first open the keystore using the set…keystore open command as well as…set a master encryption key.…So, in order to accomplish that,…let's open a SYSDBA connection to our root container.…I'll type sqlplus sys/oracle as sysdba…verifying that my connection is indeed…to the root container by typing show con_name.…
We will now use the set keystore open command…while supplying the keystore password…to open our keystore.…You can find the command included…in your exercise file.…So, let's copy this command…and paste it to our SQL*Plus window.…The CONTAINER = ALL…clause of the command is used to set the keystore in all…of the pluggable databases in our container database.…There we go.…The keystore should now be open.…
Now, that the keystore is open and ready,…we can set our TDE master encryption key.…The TDE master encryption key is stored…in the keystore and this is the key…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.