The Fast Recovery Area is used as the central location in the database for Archived Redo Logs, Flashback Logs, and RMAN Backups. In this video, learn how you can control the location and size of the Fast Recovery Area using the DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST_SIZE and DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST parameters.
- [Instructor] In addition to enabling…the database archive mode,…there are two more parameters which are important…when it comes to Oracle database backup and recovery.…These parameters control the size and destination…for the database fast recovery area.…The fast recovery area, or FRA in short,…is a directory or disk that exists…to simplify the management of backup and recovery files.…
The fast recovery area…is an Oracle managed directory file system,…or Oracle automatic storage management disk group…that provides centralized storage…for backup and recovery files.…The fast recovery area is usually used to store…the Oracle archived redo logs,…the database flashback change logs…and RMAN backup sets.…Two parameters control the fast recovery area.…
The first parameter, DB recovery file dest size,…controls the maximum amount of space Oracle can use…to store backup files inside the fast recovery area.…So configuring this parameter to 10 gigabytes…will restrict your Oracle database…to only store up to 10 gigabytes worth of data…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.