Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Authorization and permissions, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] In addition to deciding…on how users will authenticate with your database,…such as using user names and passwords,…we also have to understand the concept…of authorization or permissions.…That is, once a user, has authenticated…and confirmed its identity with your Oracle database,…what can that user do in the context of the database?…Which data does this user has access to?…Can this user create new tables?…Can he execute stored procedures?…The general assumption is that your Oracle database…contains many different tables and database objects.…
These tables and objects provide access…to various sets of data.…Some users presumably,…will only be able to access parts of the data,…create tables, while other users will be able…to access only other parts of the data.…This is known as user authorization.…Which user has the authority to perform…which actions in the Oracle database?…You can provide individual database users…with the permissions to view, update,…or delete data in certain tables…as well as perform various database functions…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.