Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Authentication an database users, part of Oracle Database 12c: Security.
- [Instructor] Authentication in the context…of an Oracle Database is the mechanism…through which users identify themselves…when opening a connection to the database.…Basically, verifying the identity of users in applications…that want to access data that is stored in our database…is part of the authentication process.…Verifying the identity of those incoming…connection requests is the first step…in securing your Oracle Database…and when it comes to designing your…Oracle Database security policy and model,…tackling user authentication is…where you should usually begin.…
When a user attempts to connect to the Oracle Database,…the first step is to confirm the identity of that user.…Is he or she who they claim to be?…And from a database perspective,…we have multiple options of how we can confirm…the user's identity.…The Oracle Database supports multiple methods…of verifying user identities,…starting with the most simple concepts…of using passwords.…When a user attempts to log in to the Oracle Database…and open a connection,…
Learn how to identify the major risks and security threats, and review general best practices for properly protecting and "hardening" any production database. Then, dive into hands-on demos that show how to set up user accounts, the connection between users and schemas, database object and system permissions, and roles in a multitenant environment, as well as encrypt data, audit user actions, and access to sensitive information. Plus, find out how to enable data-at-rest security via the Oracle Transparent Data Encryption and backup encryption options.
- Core concepts of Oracle database security
- Potential threats to Oracle database security
- Authentication and authorization
- Auditing access
- Data encryption
- Users and permissions
- Database roles
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
1. Database Security Fundementals
2. Advanced Database Security Concepts
3. Download and Set Up the Course VM
4. Users and Permissions
5. Database Roles
Roles with ADMIN OPTION3m 24s
6. Auditing Access to Data
7. Data Encryption
What's next?1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.