Data Pump supports advanced filtering, allowing you to choose specific object names that will be included in the export or import process and not just object categories. In this video, learn how to use advanced filtering in Data Pump by using the INCLUDE=TABLE IN and INCLUDE=INDEX IN parameters.
- [Instructor] In addition to filtering in…Data Pump, based on object categories or…object types, as we've seen in our previous…example, such as export all of the tables,…all of the indexes, all of the views, and so on,…we can also use advanced filtering,…taking filtering in Data Pump one step further.…Instead of just instructing Data Pump to export…or import all of the tables, all of the indexes…but none of the views, we can actually tell…Data Pump to export individual objects by…referencing their names.…
We do that using the same include parameter…we have used in our previous exercises,…but this time specify explicit object names…which we would like to be included as part of the export.…Let's see this in action.…You can find the expdp command with advanced…filtering provided in your exercise file.…Let's copy this command and paste it…into our terminal window.…While this is a very straightforward…expdp command, well up until the last part of it.…
So let's take a look at what we are…trying to accomplish here.…We are running the Data Pump expdp utility,…
- Complete vs. incomplete recovery
- Point-in-time recovery
- Failure categories
- Preparing the virtual machine
- Performing user-managed backups
- Restoring from manual backups
- Performing full and incremental backups with RMAN
- Recovering a PDB and CDB
- Exporting and importing data with Oracle Data Pump
- Performing logical backups with Data Pump
- Using Flashback Query, Table, and Database
- Creating restore points
Skill Level Intermediate
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Learning Relational Databases (2014)with Adam Wilbert2h 39m Beginner
1. Backup and Recovery Core Concepts
2. Failure Categories and Backup Types
3. Preparing the Course VM
4. User-Managed Backups
5. Recovery Manager (RMAN)
6. Oracle Data Pump
7. Oracle Flashback
What's next?2m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.