Security is changing and is rapidly overtaking the DevOps movement. We cover the major implications here.
- In this course we've looked at how DevOps…effects our IT culture.…As you look to the future of DevOps,…we see the integration of other sections,…parts of the IT organization,…from QA to DBA to the securities team.…Let's see how security is ready to jump…into the DevOps movement,…but maybe in a little bit different way than…you would expect.…Security has a real similar history to operations…in organizations.…In fact, security finds itself in the same spot…that operations found itself in 10 years ago.…Security is undervalued in many organizations…and has different priorities than many other teams,…which leads to a natural friction.…
To make a generalization,…we normally see ratios in organizations…of 100 developers to 10 operations to 1 security person.…This is an order of magnitude problem.…Security feels the burden of living downstream…and is a recipient of the throw it over the wall practices.…Alright, why is this?…Well, in many organizations security is just seen…as a checkbox to gain compliance and that's about it.…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.