Move from manual testing to automated with test-driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD).
- So far we've covered continuous integration…and continuous delivery,…but by now you're probably wondering, "What's the catch?"…I mean it all sounds good, faster deploys,…less work in progress.…Is it just too good to be true?…Well, there really isn't a catch,…but there are some fundamental shifts you have to make…when you're moving to continuous delivery.…One area that deserves extra attention is testing.…For this section on testing,…we're going to cover seven different types of testing…that often get implemented in continuous delivery.…Let's kick off with unit testing.…These are the tests done at the lowest level of the language…or framework that it supports.…
Let's say you have a calculator application.…A function called add would take two numbers,…and big surprise here, it adds them together.…In unit testing, we would write a test…inside the codebase to validate that function.…These are the hallmarks of unit testing;…usually, the fastest testing available,…it stubs out external dependencies with fake values,…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.