Join Ernest Mueller for an in-depth discussion in this video The continuous delivery pipeline, part of DevOps Foundations.
(bright music)…- In the last video,…we talked about the first phase…of a continuous delivery pipeline,…continuous integration.…In this video, we'll cover the rest…of the continuous delivery flow.…- We're going to discuss…what does continuous delivery mean…and five practices that we think are critical…for getting it right.…- Continuous delivery,…it's the practice of deploying every change…to a production-like environment…and performing automated integration…and acceptance testing along the way.…
- The definitive work on continuous delivery…is the excellent book of the same name…by Jez Humble and Dave Farley…and I highly recommend it.…- In the video on continuous integration,…we discussed the artifacts that are created…upon the successful completion of each build.…- These artifacts shouldn't be rebuilt…for staging, testing, and production environments.…- Yeah, they should be built once…and then used in all the environments.…This way, you know that your testing steps are valid…since they all use the same artifact.…- Your artifacts also shouldn't be allowed…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.