Monitoring, troubleshooting, and metrics take up a vital space in your tooling strategy.
- Welcome back to your SRE toolchain.…- This is an area with a huge amount of tooling,…because it covers most of the historical…key areas of operations.…- So, instead of talking about every tool in the space,…we're going to try to cover some that are representative…DevOps and the best practices in how to use them.…- Usually, the most successful tools, are the tools…that multiple groups agree to use.…Look for sharing and integrations…as important features of any tool.…- Okay, let's start with monitoring.…
This is the bread and butter of any operations team.…There are solutions like Nagios or Savics…that have been around for more than a decade.…But, what's new in the monitoring world?…- Well, first, there's the rise of SaaS.…Many new monitoring loferings are provided as a service.…From simple endpoint monitoring like Pingdom,…to system and metric monitoring…like Datadog, Netuitive, Ruxit, and Librato,…to full application performance management tools…like New Relic and AppDynamics.…These provide extremely fast onboarding…
In this course, well-known DevOps practitioners Ernest Mueller and James Wickett provide an overview of the DevOps movement, focusing on the core value of CAMS (culture, automation, measurement, and sharing). They cover the various methodologies and tools an organization can adopt to transition into DevOps, looking at both agile and lean project management principles and how old-school principles like ITIL, ITSM, and SDLC fit within DevOps.
The course concludes with a discussion of the three main tenants of DevOps—infrastructure automation, continuous delivery, and reliability engineering—as well as some additional resources and a brief look into what the future holds as organizations transition from the cloud to serverless architectures.
- What is DevOps?
- Understanding DevOps core values and principles
- Choosing DevOps tools
- Creating a positive DevOps culture
- Understanding agile and lean
- Building a continuous delivery pipeline
- Building reliable systems
- Looking into the future of DevOps
Skill Level Beginner
Techniques for Developing Secure Softwarewith Jungwoo Ryoo1h 1m Intermediate
1. DevOps Basics
2. DevOps: A Culture Problem
3. The Building Blocks of DevOps
4. Infrastructure Automation
5. Continuous Delivery
6. Reliability Engineering
7. Additional DevOps Resources
8. The Future of DevOps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.